Tuesday, February 22, 2005

THE INDIAN FILM INDUSTRY

Even though there was alot of techniqual problems during the presentation, I will say Dr. Genti gave a good presentation. The begining of the Presentation I felt was boring but the excepts that she showed in course of the presentation made the whole thing interesting.
I did learn soo many things from presentation, one of which is the globalization that she talked about. I also found that 700 to 2000 movies are produced in a year. I did not know that Indians make that much movies.

Dr.Genti mentioned that in the 1950's Hindo or Indian films became popular in othet parts of the world. One of the places she mentioned was Africa, and with me been an African I knew that was true. My mother love Indian movies and she introduced all her kids to it. As I grow I happen to like it too but I did not know much about the history or anything about the Indian film industry. This presentation served as an education to me on something I have personally enjoyed but knew nothing about.

Another thing Dr. Genti said at the begining of her presentation was the fact that she personally do not like the name Bollywood. She also mentioned how people like the conflict and emotions in India movies than that of American movies. In all Dr. Genti made major points that was worth knowing. The presentation to me was very educative and interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home